PMCM is all about integrative and preventive health. Our principles of care are:
Natural therapies next, and
We Work Within the Insurance Model Whenever Possible. PMCM is also the only “alternative” or “integrative” center we know of in the North Bay Area that works within the insurance system, utilizing many of the common health plans, including Aetna, Blue Shield and Blue Cross, Cigna, United Health Care, Medicare and others.
Many of PMCM’s staff have worked together for decades. We have also worked for many years with a number of the independent healthcare providers who have their practices at PMCM’s facility. We understand the amazing power of Nature as a healing force in the body and mind. And we know how to work as a team to support you on your journey toward optimal health and vitality.
PMCM employs a wide variety of safe and effective approaches to treat health problems and to balance the body. To learn more, visit our Services page >>. We also provide the latest in innovative health assessments beyond typical Western Medicine lab tests. These newer tests include:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Vitamin and Mineral assays for nutritional adequacy;
- Food Allergy tests for both immune (antibody) and cell reactions as well as intradermal (skin) allergy testing of foods and environmental agents;
- Gastrointestinal tests for evaluating digestion and microbial imbalances of bacteria, yeasts and parasites;
- Blood and Saliva measurement of Hormone Levels;
- Body Composition Tests thru BIA (bio-Impedance Analysis) to see hydration, muscle mass, fat levels, and cell energy function
- Other tests as needed individually.
How We Work With Our Patients:
- We offer a multidisciplinary spectrum of healthcare services
- Patients and practitioners work together to design choices and create options for the treatment of health problems
- We integrate conventional approaches with preventive-oriented “traditional” healing systems
- Our approach includes dietary programs, structural therapy, and natural and herbal medicines all within a family practice setting.
PMCM Provides Administrative Services for a Spectrum of Independent Practitioners
Visit our Practitioners page >> for specific information about each of our practitioners.
PMCM and Independent Practitioners share a common mission: To provide a spectrum of integrative and preventive therapeutic alternatives, blending allopathic and natural medical approaches where appropriate for the betterment of our patients.
PMCM and Independent Practitioners include:
- Physician MDs
- Osteopathic Physician (DO)/Naturopath
- Nurse Practitioners
- Allergist and Allergy Technician
- Certified Nutritionist and Nutrition Educator
- Medical Intuitive Consultant.
For a complete list of these individuals and their services and specialties, please see our Practitioners page >>. We have a wonderful team of people that truly enjoy working together and serving our patients with quality health care.
Our Administrative and Support Staff: At PMCM we believe that the healing experience isn’t just physical. It involves your entire healing experience including the way you are treated, how efficiently and professionally your case is handled, how accurate your billing, and how thorough and caring our follow-up.
In order to insure that our patients have an independent advocate we have created the position of Healthcare Services Coordinator–an independent member of our staff who handles any concerns expressed by our patients. Your healthcare services coordinator reviews each situation individually and insures that patients’ concerns are heard and dealt with in a balanced, fair and respect-based manner. Contact us to learn more.
We look forward to serving your healthcare needs!
Click Here >> to Get Started With PMCM
Please Note: Preventive Medical Center is a fragrance-free clinic. Due to patient and staff sensitivities, please refrain from wearing colognes, perfumes, and other artificial scents.