Dr. Haas has been referred to as “The Detox Doc” because he has focused on this important process as part of his practice for more than 40 years. He has stated “Detoxification is the missing link in Western nutrition.” He and his patients have seen the many benefits of the wise application of this process.
The simplest concept about disease and health is based on the functioning of our cells. Disease begins from Deficiency and Toxicity: deficiency of essential nutrients or Toxicity from chemicals and metals that get into our air, water and food plus what we use on our bodies and hair or from our cleaning supplies. When we don’t have all the essential nutrients - vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids and phytonutrients, or we take in too many toxins - our cells, organs and entire body cannot function optimally.
There are ways to measure body states of nutritional deficiency or toxicity, however, often it’s not necessary since most often the body’s health issues reflect the need to detoxify. Some of the health challenges that can be helped by detoxification include:
• Any inflammation and pain issues, such as joint pain, headaches and back pains
• Allergies and nasal/sinus congestion
• High blood pressure and high cholesterol
• Weight issues
• Digestive upset
Some tests that can be used to measure deficiency and toxicity include:
• Basic medical tests may include electrolytes and magnesium, iron, etc.
• Spectracell Micronutrient Assay measures cell levels of many vitamins, minerals, etc.
• Urine measurement on toxic metals like lead, mercury, arsenic, etc.
• Urine measurement on many common chemicals through a specialty lab.
If you sense that toxicity or deficiency of nutrients are part of your health issues or you think you can benefit from some simple detoxification practices, please contact PMCM and DR. Haas to schedule an appointment.
You can read more about Dr. Haas’ approach to detoxification is this recent article called The Purification Process